Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Interview with Lost At E Minor

The ever inspiring and beautiful Lost At E Minor recently interviewed me about Hidden Lives. Here are a few excerpts:

LAEM: What led you to start it?
JM: I was reflecting on notions of identity and authentic voice - as I am prone to do - and my mind kept returning to the extraordinary gap between how we are perceived externally and our own inner awareness. I wanted to explore this somehow but did not know where to start. . .

LAEM: What are your plans for the site?
JM: At its core, I want Hidden Lives to become a unique, collaborative artwork brimming with intimate, beautiful and moving self-expressions from people all over the world. As to whether that artwork exists solely online, or in gallery exhibitions, public art displays or in hardcopy publications, well… I am keeping an open mind. Suffice to say, being in the 'big future thinking' phase is plenty of fun. . .
Read the entire interview here. And I would recommend subscribing to their weekly dose of pop culture and creative goodness.

No comments: